****"Exhibitors must be 8 years old by Sept. 1, 2023, to be eligible to show*
1. September 15, 2023 – 11:59 PM - deadline for online entry. There will be a $25.00 (non-refundable) registration fee, per exhibitor, to be submitted online. www.pascocountyfair.com 4-H and FFA leaders may request a list of registered exhibitors after September 30, 2023, by emailing Travis Brown at:
2. October 17, 2023, 6 PM - 8 PM Mandatory Educational Seminar for ALL exhibitors, in the Dan Cannon Auditorium at Pasco County Fairgrounds. Parents are encouraged to attend. Please bring a copy of this rule book as well as a copy of the record book for your level. All exhibitors and parents/guardians will be required to sign an Exhibitor Entry Statement noting that they have read the entire rule book and understand the rules as stated. This will be due when the exhibitor’s hog is tagged.
3. November 1, 2023 – 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM – Hog Tagging
December 9, 2023 – 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM – Hog Tagging -
Rule book statement signed by exhibitor and parent/guardian. Mandatory -
-Both tagging days are held at Pasco County Fairgrounds. One of the two days is Mandatory.
4. December 15, 2023 - Swine Tag Entry Form with Photos. Mandatory. -Email form and (3) photos for any hogs registered and tagged to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. February 11, 2024 - 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
-Report Card turn-in at Higgins Hall, Pasco County Fairgrounds. Mandatory
-Record Book turn-in after report card has been accepted. Mandatory
-Swine Skills Test at Higgins Hall, Pasco County Fairground.
6. February 22, 2024 - 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Hog weigh-in at the Livestock Barn, Pasco County Fairgrounds.
Mandatory exhibitor meeting at approximately 1:00 PM in the livestock arena. Sign-up for Showmanship on Friday Evening must be noted on the PIG ID Card that is turned in at weigh-in.
February 22, 2024 -Immediately after weighing in, you will need to take your 2024 Skillathon test (Swine Skill Test). The Swine Skills Test will be based on knowledge acquired from the 2024 Florida State Fair Swine Skillathon resource. You can find the information on the Pasco County Fair website. If you want to be eligible for the overall exhibitor, you must take this test. The test will be given to each age group: Elementary, Middle, and High School.
7. February 23, 2024 – 6:00 PM
- Hog Showmanship (This is open to all exhibitors who wish to compete for Showmanship)
8. February 24, 2024 - 8:00 AM - Hog Show will begin.
9. February 25, 2024 - 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM - Hog Buyer’s Dinner, Madill Building.
10. February 24, 2024 - 5:30 PM - Exhibitor’s Awards Presentation, Livestock Barn.
11. February 24, 2024 - 6:00 PM – Hog Sale will begin.
12. February 25, 2024 - 9:00 AM – 11:00 aM - Clean pens. Mandatory.
13. February 25, 2024 - 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM – -Thank you letter turn in, Madill Building, Mandatory.
**Exhibitor check pick-up will be announced at a later date via email. If you fail to pick up your check at the designated time and place it will be your responsibility to contact the Committee to make arrangements to pick up your check. Checks that are not cashed within 90 days, will be voided and a reissue fee of $100.00 will be applied
- Please check the State Fair website for any ethics training