**Please note all the dates below are subject to change because of COVID19**
MANDATORY EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR FOR ALL EXHIBITORS, MONDAY, OCTOBER 5th 2020 AT 6:30 PM - DAN CANNON AUDITORIUM. PLEASE BRING A COPY OF THE RULE BOOK AND A COPY OF THE RECORD BOOK FOR YOUR LEVEL.
Mask are required along with social distancing and Only One Parent or Guardian per exhibitor.
YOU MUST ATTEND THIS MEETING TO SHOW AT THE PASCO COUNTY FAIR IN 2021. THERE ARE "NO" EXCEPTIONS.
See Links below to all Swine Documents
IMPORTANT-CHANGES TO RULE BOOK AND RECORD BOOKS-PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE CHANGES AND TO KNOW THE CHANGES.
Click the link below to register your swine entry: (beginning Sept. 1st) Entries Have Closed
IMPORTANT DATES: **Please note all the dates below are subject to change because of COVID19**
1. September 30, 2020 – 11:59 PM - Deadline for online entry. There will be a $25.00 (non-refundable) registration fee, per exhibitor, to be submitted online. www.pascocountyfair.com 4-H and FFA leaders may request a list of registered exhibitors after September 30, 2020 by emailing Janet Schroeder or Susan Matthews at email@example.com.
2. October 5, 2020– 6:30 PM- Mandatory Educational Seminar for ALL exhibitors, in Dan Cannon
Auditorium at Pasco County Fairgrounds. Parents are encouraged to attend. Please bring a copy of this
rule book as well as a copy of the record book for your level. Swine Resource books will be provided for
those who do not have one. All exhibitors and parents/guardians will be required to sign an Exhibitor
Entry Statement noting that they have read the entire rule book and understand the rules as stated.
This will be due when exhibitor’s hog is tagged.
No entry to meeting after 6:30pm. Doors will be locked.
Mask are required along with social distancing and only one (1) Parent or Guardian per Exhibitor.
3. November 14, 2020 – 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM – Hog Tagging
December 5, 2020 – 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM – Hog Tagging
-Rule book statement signed by exhibitor and parent/guardian. Mandatory
-Swine Resource books will be provided at tagging.
-Both tagging days are held at Pasco County Fair Grounds. One of the two days is Mandatory.
4. December 15, 2020 - Swine Tag Entry Form with Photos. Mandatory.
-Email form and (3) photos for any hogs registered and tagged to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. January 18, 2021 - 8:00 AM - Noon: Barn Work Day, Mandatory. (New Rule)
6. February 7, 2021 - 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
-Ethics Certification turn-in.
-Report Card turn-in at Higgins Hall, Pasco County Fairgrounds. Mandatory
-Record Book turn in after report card has been accepted. Mandatory
-Swine Skills Test at Higgins Hall, Pasco County Fairground.
-Raffle ticket and money turn in
**to be eligible for prize money, see page 7 for details**
7. February 18, 2021 - 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Hog weigh-in at the Livestock Barn, Pasco County Fairgrounds. Mandatory exhibitor meeting at
approximately 1:00 PM in the livestock arena. Sign up for Showmanship on Friday Evening must be
noted on the PIG ID Card that is turned in at weigh in.
8. February 19, 2021 – 6:00 PM
- Hog Showmanship (This is open to all exhibitors who wish to compete for Showmanship)
9. February 20, 2021 - 8:00 AM - Hog Show will begin.
10. February 20, 2021 - 3:00 PM to 4:45 PM - Hog Buyer’s Dinner, Madill Building.
11. February 20, 2021 - 4:45 PM - Exhibitor’s Awards Presentation, Livestock Barn.
12. February 20, 2021 - 5:00 PM – Hog Sale will begin.
13. February 21, 2021 - 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM - Clean pens. Mandatory
-Herdsman award will be given out for cleanest pen.
(See page 7 for details)
14. February 21, 2021 - 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM –
-Thank you letter turn in, MaDill Building. Mandatory
**Exhibitor check pick-up will be announced at a later date via email. It will be sometime early May, 2021. If
you fail to pick your check at the designated time and place it will be your responsibility to contact the
Committee to make arrangements to pick-up your check. Checks that are not cashed within 90 days, will be
voided and a reissue fee of $100.00 will be applied
- Please check the State Fair website for any ethics training
Pasco County Fair Youth Livestock Show Ethics and Animal Care Workshop
The last Ethics Certification seminar is _TBD_______in Riverview, FL. You must be certified to show at the Pasco County Fair.The Pasco County Fair requires that all youth livestock exhibitors with a minimum age of 8 years old by September 1st. www.floridastatefairag.com MandatoryMust be certified in Ethics by attending a Youth Livestock Show Ethics and Animal Care Workshop with the exception of the open goat show, open sheep show and plant exhibitors.This is a MANDATORY requirement. The certification involves attending a 3 to 4 hour workshop presented by a Certified Ethics Trainer. All approved workshops will be posted on the Florida State Fair website www.floridastatefairag.com The exhibitor’s certification will be valid for 3 years after which the exhibitor must be re-certified.Once the trainer submits that the exhibitor has met the certification requirements the Florida State Fair will issue a letter to the exhibitor with their certification number.Exhibitors will be required to list their certification number on their entry form and/or project record book when participating in the Pasco County Fair livestock events.If the exhibitor should misplace their certification number, they can retrieve their number by going to the Florida State Fair website www.floridastatefairag.com Then go to the Ethics tab and enter the exhibitors name and city.
Deadline for Online Entry is September 30, 2020 - 11:59pm.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
There will be a $25.00 (non-refundable) registration fee, per exhibitor.