Good luck to all of the 2020 Pasco County Fair Swine Exhibitors! See you at the Fair!
MANDATORY EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR FOR ALL EXHIBITORS, MONDAY, OCTOBER 7th AT 6:30 PM - DAN CANNON AUDITORIUM. PLEASE BRING A COPY OF THE RULE BOOK AND A COPY OF THE RECORD BOOK FOR YOUR LEVEL.
YOU MUST ATTEND THIS MEETING TO SHOW AT THE PASCO COUNTY FAIR IN 2020. THERE ARE "NO" EXCEPTIONS.
See Links below to all Swine Documents
IMPORTANT-CHANGES TO RULE BOOK AND RECORD BOOKS-PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE CHANGES AND TO KNOW THE CHANGES.
1. September 15, 2019 – 11:59 PM - Deadline for online entry. Registration begins September 1, 2019. There will be a $20.00 (non-refundable) registration fee, per exhibitor, to be submitted online. www.pascocountyfair.com
4-H and FFA leaders may request a list of registered exhibitors after September 15, 2019 by emailing Janet Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. October 7, 2019 – 6:30 PM- Mandatory Educational Seminar for ALL exhibitors, in Dan Cannon Auditorium at Pasco County Fairgrounds. Parents are encouraged to attend. Please bring a copy of this rule book as well as a copy of the record book for your level. Swine Resource books will be provided for those who do not have one.
All exhibitors and parents/guardians will be required to sign an Exhibitor Entry Statement noting that they have read the entire Rule Book and understand the rules as stated. This will be due when the exhibitor's hog is tagged.
You will not be allowed to show if this statement is not received at the time of tagging. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. November 16, 2019 – 8:00 AM -11:00 AM – Hog Tagging December 7, 2019 – 8:00 AM -11:00 AM – Hog Tagging
4. December 15, 2019 - **New Rule for 2020** Swine Tag Entry form - Email form and (3) photos for any hogs registered and tagged to email@example.com. Mandatory
- Rule book statement signed by exhibitor and parent/guardian. Mandatory.
- 2020 Exhibitor Entry Statement. Mandatory.
- Swine Resource books will be provided at tagging.
- Both tagging days held at Pasco County Fair Grounds. One of the two days is Mandatory.
5. January 20, 2020 – Last Ethics Workshop available for exhibitors wishing to show at the Pasco County Fair. www.floridastatefairag.com Mandatory
6. February 9, 2020 - 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Please check the State Fair website for any ethics training classes to be held in Pasco County
- Deadline for ethics certification. Mandatory
- Report Card turn-in at Higgins Hall, Pasco County Fairgrounds. Mandatory
- Record Book turn in after report card has been accepted. Mandatory
- Swine Skills Test at Higgins Hall, Pasco County Fairground.
- Raffle ticket and money turn in. Mandatory
7. February 20, 2020 - 8:00am to 12:00pm - Hog weigh-in at Livestock Barn, Pasco County Fairgrounds. Mandatory exhibitor meeting at approximately 1:00 pm. Sign up for Showmanship on Friday evening must be noted on the PIG ID Card that is turned in at weigh-in.
8. February 21, 2020 - 6:00 pm- Hog Showmanship will begin – Please note this is on Friday evening and is open to ALL exhibitors who want to compete for showmanship. WASH AREA WILL CLOSE AT 4:30 PM. ONLY EXHIBITORS PARTICIPATING IN SHOWMANSHIP WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BARN AFTER 4:30 PM. PARENTS/GUARDIANS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE BARN, 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOW STARTING. BARN WILL RE-OPEN AFTER THE SHOW HAS ENDED.
9. February 22, 2020 - 8:00 am- Hog Show will begin.
10. February 22, 2020 - 3:00 pm to 4:45 pm - Hog Buyer's Dinner, Madill Building.
11. February 22, 2020 - 4:45 pm - Exhibitor’s Awards Presentation, Livestock Barn.
12. February 22, 2020 - 5:00 pm – Hog Sale will begin.
13. February 23, 2020 - Clean pens and turn in thank you letters. Pen cleaning starts at 11:00 am ends at 1:00 pm. Thank you letters starts at 12:00 pm ends at 2:00 pm. Mandatory
Pasco County Fair Youth Livestock Show Ethics and Animal Care Workshop
The last Ethics Certification seminar is January 20, 2020 in Riverview. You must be certified to show at the Pasco County Fair.The Pasco County Fair requires that all youth livestock exhibitors with a minimum age of 8 years old by September 1st. www.floridastatefairag.com MandatoryMust be certified in Ethics by attending a Youth Livestock Show Ethics and Animal Care Workshop with the exception of the open goat show, open sheep show and plant exhibitors.This is a MANDATORY requirement. The certification involves attending a 3 to 4 hour workshop presented by a Certified Ethics Trainer. All approved workshops will be posted on the Florida State Fair website www.floridastatefairag.com The exhibitor’s certification will be valid for 3 years after which the exhibitor must be re-certified.Once the trainer submits that the exhibitor has met the certification requirements the Florida State Fair will issue a letter to the exhibitor with their certification number.Exhibitors will be required to list their certification number on their entry form and/or project record book when participating in the Pasco County Fair livestock events.If the exhibitor should misplace their certification number, they can retrieve their number by going to the Florida State Fair website www.floridastatefairag.com Then go to the Ethics tab and enter the exhibitors name and city.
Deadline for Online Entry is September 15, 2020 - 11:59pm.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
There will be a $20.00 (non-refundable) registration fee, per exhibitor.